Sunday, April 7, 2013

New Letters, No Sales :(

Soooo... I still haven't sold a single drawing!  Business is BOOMING.  Obviously not.  I have sold a couple of sets of bottle cap magnets in the past month, but that's not all that exciting.  How hard is it to glue a magnet to a bottle cap?  Okay, I do a little more than that... I fill the cap with sealant and let it dry for a day or two and THEN glue the magnet to the hardened sealant so that the magnet's not lost down inside the cap, but seriously... anybody can do this.  Yet it's the one and only thing in my shop lately that anybody wants to purchase.  I want to sell the things that take me time and that I LOVE making.

I added a couple of new letters today: L and S.  I thought I was randomly picking letters, but it appears I've now made my four initials (first, middle, maiden, and last) without consciously meaning to.  Does that mean I'm self obsessed?  I didn't think so, but gravitating towards your own initials might possibly perhaps indicate that.  Oops.  Oh well.  Hey!  If you can't love yourself, why would anybody else want to??  Eh?  Eh?  Didn't think you had an answer to that one.  Yeah.
I'm thinking next I'll do O, H, E, I, R (in no particular order).  I would ask for requests, but nobody reads this blog!

For my ghost readers - here are my two newest letters:


No comments:

Post a Comment