Monday, April 1, 2013

Zentangle Letters!

I've now discovered that I love a form of drawing called "zentangle"... or would that be zentangling?  I'm new to it, so I don't know anything about it except that it looks cool, you must have a steady hand and extreme focus, and it takes FOREVER.  Normally I'm not a fan of things that take forever, but the awesomeness of this just completely overrides any thought of time.  I'll draw for an hour and think it was 15 minutes.  And really, this shit is beautiful.  Or maybe I'm just really full of myself.  Either way, I'm happy with it!! :)

As you can see, these are clearly letters.  I'm thinking they'll look cool as a unique and funky way to spell out a baby's name over a crib in place of those overused letter blocks hanging from ribbon.  Examples:

I don't know about the rest of the world, but I'm tired of seeing letter blocks hanging over cribs from cutesy ribbons.  I want something different!  (If I ever have a need for announcing a baby's name over a crib, that is.)  

The zentangle letters I'm drawing will be printed on 65 lb linen stock, which has a really cool texture to it.  They're 8 x 10, so perfect for framing in standard frames (no expensive frame jobs), and they're the perfect size for lining up in that empty wall space in a kid's room! 

Another way I'm thinking they'd be cool is to spell out the family name over the fireplace or other location OR a cool dorm room decoration... just initials or a full name on the dorm room wall.  Spiffy! :)  

Yeah, I'm trying to sell my art here, but I truly do believe these are awesome ideas and that the letters themselves are awesome... I definitely plan to use them in my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment