Sunday, March 17, 2013

Who doesn't love birds?

Maybe not real, live birds... I understand people having phobias towards them.  They're cute from a distance I suppose, but they're really just needy little hunter/scavengers.  Although I do get excited about seeing them on my bird feeders.  It's like, "My bird feeders WORK, they really work!!"  Then I get to feel all awesome, thinking I've fed a bird family and saved them from certain starvation.

DRAWINGS of birds, however... who DOESN'T love those?  They're SO cute! (Enough all-caps words yet?)  Seriously though... those sweet little nursery prints of happy sparrows or bug-eyed owls are freakin' adorable.  I decided I must figure out how to draw some sort of bird myself.  
This would be my newest item in my Etsy shop, ThreeChickadeeLane (click on the ad on the right side of this page to go there).  Right now I only do 8x10 prints, but could possibly in the future be looking into 5x7 or little cards for sending friendly notes.  They have to be friendly notes though - no unfriendly notes shall be written on my cards!  My cards that don't exist yet.  And possibly never will.  We'll see.

Also, my 8x10 prints are printed on super heavyweight linen paper, which has a really cool looking texture to it, even from a distance.  Fabulous for framing!  Advertisement over.

No comments:

Post a Comment