Thursday, March 14, 2013

Let it Be

I'm trying my hand at drawing/sketching/doodling, whatever your preferred term is.  I find it to be easy-going and relaxing.  The huge plus to it is that I can stop at any point and not worry about paint drying, wax hardening (I also make candles, just to make that sound less weird), or anything else happening that prevents picking right back up again where I left off.


About a week ago I did my first extensive quote-drawing with "Let it Be."  It's definitely an amateur drawing, IMHO, but I have to start somewhere and hope to only improve.  I'd LOVE to figure out calligraphy, or at least some sloppy form of it.  I'm not trying to be a professional calligrapher (is that a term?) here, but it'd be cool to be able to mix up the text in my quote-drawings (apparently I'm establishing "quote-drawing" as an official term in my blog).

Here's my very FIRST quote-drawing... * drum roll*:
I've learned since doing this one that I should use black ink if I plan to scan them onto my computer to change up or add colors.  The blue just doesn't mesh well with just about anything I try to do color-change-wise.  Of course, I know a minimal amount about the software I'm using, so I'm probably just ignorant as to how to make what I want happen.  I'm not really stressing about it though... LET IT BE! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment